Thursday, January 3, 2013

This Is Just The Beginning

Alright, so as promised, I have come up with a list of goals (no, not resolutions, goals) and a whole project that I want to get started.  So, here are all of the ideas I have been thinking about for the last week.

Goals for 2013
- Keep better track of money (possibly save some..)
- Get organized
- Get in (better) shape
- Manage my time more wisely
- Eat as well as I can
- Go back to school
- Keep a jar of good things (this will be explained)
- Move out (also to be explained)
- Be positive
- Take a REAL vacation
- Keep my room clean
- Read more

Okay, so to explain the "Jar of Good Things" - I was one Tumblr, or Pinterest, or something... and I saw an idea to keep a Jar of Good Things that happen during the next year.  You start off with any container, really, but they said a mason jar.  When good things happen, no matter how big or small, write it down on a piece of paper and stuff it into the jar.  Next New Years Eve, open the jar and read all of the great things that have happened over the past year.

I decided to start doing this to help out one of the other goals - Stay Positive.  I know I'm usually the first one to complain about just about everything, so I want to start being more positive and keep myself from being such a pain in the ass all the time.  Argue all you want, I know my bad habits...  But, It's only been three days, so we will see how this goes. =)

To also be explained, moving out!  It's been the topic of many, many, many conversations over the past few years, but I think this is the year that I finally move out of my parents' house and into a place of my own (at least mostly my own).  I'm turning 22 this year and I have been dying to leave since before I turned 18, so I am hoping (and praying) that I can get out of here and into a new place and try to, essentially, 'start over'.  Although I will be living with and near people I know, it will only be a handful of people and I will be getting a whole new job with new people.  Really, that sounds both terrifying and fantastic at the same time right now.  Either way, I know it will be the best option for me, and I can't wait to get all of this started.

And now, for the project that I'm starting.  I had only heard of this last summer (2012) when a mother of one of the children in the preschool class I taught did it for the month of her birthday.  The Random Acts of Kindness project, I've found, is generally done during the month of someone's birthday and that person does one random act of kindness a day for the whole month. I, being lazy and knowing I couldn't keep up with it, decided that I would do the project, but with one act of kindness every week for the year.  I know, out of seven days in the week, one of them can be the host of the project tasks.  I feel like I'm going to shoot for Sundays, since it's already almost Friday and the first week of the new year is almost over, I had three options (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday).  I listed out the random acts I plan to do, but I feel like I will make a separate post for it so that I can edit it as I go along and not mess this one up.

Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment