Tuesday, November 26, 2013

November Playlist

Over the past two weeks, I've noticed myself listening to a lot of the same songs over and over again in a loop.  As I was putting together this playlist, I realized they only sort of belong in the same category, but not really, so it may be worth a look no matter what music you like.  The songs are in no particular order, so feel free to skip around as you see fit.  Here's a list of the songs on the playlist, as well as a link for your listening pleasure.  Happy Monday!

Click here for the YouTube playlist!

1. Greg Laswell - Not Out
~I've had this song on repeat over and over again on its own...  I can't stop playing it.

2. Beirut - Mimizan
~This one I used to listen to all the time when my boyfriend and I first started hanging out.  It's pushed its way back into my music cycle.

3. Ben Howard - The Fear
~I've heard this song a couple times through Pandora, but I hadn't really connected with it until a few days ago.  It came on during a walk through the trails in the area.

4. Bon Iver - Holocene
~This is my 'beach song'.  Seriously, if you ever go for a walk on the beach by yourself, play this song.  Perfection.  I haven't tried it in any other situations, I just really love this song.

5. The Decemberists - Sons and Daughters
~Where do I start...?  I found this song through the Office (season 9, The Farm) and my boyfriend had it on his iTunes playlist.  He looked at how you play the song for both guitar (for him) and ukulele (for me) and we've played it together a few times because we can.  And it's adorable.

6. Katy Perry - Unconditionally
~A very recent addition to my iTunes library.  I hadn't heard this song until I ended up in Oklahoma, and now I can't stop listening to it.  I also watched the Katy Perry movie. Three times so far.

7. Lana Del Rey - Young and Beautiful
~This song is beautiful.  I really, really wanted to not like her because she (in the way I saw it happen) got famous because she was so vintage and old school and made her way around tumblr like wildfire.  Then, I heard this song on the radio and instantly had to know who was singing it.  Now we're here...

8. Miike Snow - Bavarian #1 (Say You Will)
~I first heard this song when I was working at Sephora and a coworker switched the music from the store's channel to her Spotify account.  I think it's the drumming that's so damn catchy and I warn you, it'll be stuck in your head. For forever.

9. The Mountain Goats - So Desperate
~This one reminds me of Tom sooo much.  I won't go into detail, but it's weird how much we can relate to this song.

10. Radical Face - Always Gold
~Out of all of the Radical Face songs I've heard (which, let's be honest, is only 4) I think this one is my favorite.

11. Skylar Grey - Coming Home Part II
~I could listen to this girl's voice all day.  Just beautiful.

12. Sufjan Stevens - Christmas in the Room
~Christmas is coming!  He has a ton of great Christmas/Holiday songs, and I could seriously listen to him for weeks without hearing the same song twice.  He has recorded an insane amount of songs.

13. Walk off the Earth - Wrecking Ball
~Yes, I know what you're thinking.  Yes, this is a Miley Cyrus cover.  Yes, "wrecking ball" is secretly my jam right now.  I'm over it. This cover is brilliant.

14. Zedd ft Hayley Williams - Stay the Night
~Love.  This is my ringtone.  I haven't heard a Zedd song I didn't like yet.  Again, love.

15. The Weepies - Nobody Knows Me At All
~One of the only songs I can kind of, sort of play on the guitar.

16. The Neighbourhood - Sweater Weather
~Randomly heard it on Pandora one day and the next day it was a huge sensation on the radio.  I don't know anything about it or the band besides it's catchy as hell and I love legitimate sweater weather.

And if I could suggest another song... It apparently isn't on YouTube at all, but it's come up on my Pandora stations once or twice and I love it.  I did manage to find it on iTunes, but nowhere else.  The song is called "Fond" by A Weather.  Check out the preview through iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment