Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Week 15 and Life Update

Hi!  I'm sorry I haven't been keeping up with my blog posts lately...  As I mentioned, I'm in the process of getting ready to move, finding a new job and still working the last one, and was trying to buy a car (which went well!) so needless to say I was really super busy.  Hopefully after April everything will get back to their usual level of crazy and not be the super-high anxiety and rushed level they're at now.

First off, I bought a car!!  It's 2000 Dodge Neon and although the paint is missing in some places, almost everything else about it near-perfect.

My dad hates that he's in this picture =P


Secondly, I've been looking for a new job where I'm moving to, which is an hour away from where I am now.  After filling out five or six online applications (which are horrible), I made my way down to southern Connecticut on Sunday to do actual job hunting.  That was entirely exhausting and took just about the entire day.  BUT!  The second place I went to apply to gave me an application AND scheduled me for an interview so I'm really excited!  Potential dream job, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed.  Between that ordeal, the car and packing, I haven't exactly had much time to do anything but shower and sleep...
What a mess...

I'm both happy and sad that this is my last week at the daycare I work at.  I feel like it's time for me to get out of there, but I've been realizing more and more lately all the things I'm going to miss about it.  There will be a post about it tomorrow if you want to know more about that.

NOW!  The random act of kindness of the week was #48: Make a treat for coworkers.  This past Friday was a coworker's last day at the daycare and she had started this thing called Chocolate Friday when she first came to work with us.  In her honor, my room co-worker (Shannon) and I celebrated her last day with one last Chocolate Friday hoorah.  Shannon bought some chocolate and chocolate glazed donuts and I made brownies for everyone to kick off her last day (and the start of another weekend).

I will be back tomorrow with another Things I've Learned post (I promise!)

No comments:

Post a Comment