Friday, April 1, 2011

Feed

I apoligize in advance for mispellings and grammatical errors, I'm sick, but I feel like I need to get this out of my head before I forget it.


So, I'm reading Feed by M. T. Anderson, as per semi-force by the best friend...  So far, it's at very least been entertaining, and has kept my interest for 188 out of 299 pages.  I just read a part of it that actually made me laugh out loud to myself, but then I thought about it... It was both funny and really sad at the same time.

Quick briefing if you have no idea what the book is about: a 'feed' is basically the internet being placed right inside your brain, advertising, instant messaging, facebook, everything you can find on the internet is put right into your mind. On that note, the main character, Titus, is m-chatting (IMing) his girlfriend, Violet.  He's in School(TM), and she's home alone (she's homeschooled), and they're talking about school when Titus says it's time for announcements, he has to go.  Violet's response being: "I make my own announcements, into the garbage can, so it echoes."

She goes on to say, "I tell myself to come to the office...Then I pace in circles, waiting for me to show up. I wait and I wait, you know.  I wait and I wait in the office, ...but me never comes."

I don't know... I don't really want to go into a lot of detail here, but if you think about it in a way simmilar to the way I do, it gets kind of sad, kind of lonely...  Either way, I guess I'll keep reading.  Hopefully, I'll finish the book tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment