Saturday, April 30, 2011

For Once...

"I think it was the first time in my life I ever felt like 


I looked "good". 

Do you know what I mean? That nice feeling when you look in the mirror, and your hair's right for the first time in your life? I don't think we should base so much on weight, muscles, and a good hair day, but when it happens, 

it's nice. It really is."

Tonight is one of those rare nights where I actually felt like I looked good, and it made me think of this.  Even though my allergies are all sorts of out of whack right now, I feel like I really do look nice.  Despite the coughing and the sniffling, my hair worked well with me when I tried to pin it up out of my face, and after about 5 tries, I got my makeup right and even, which was no easy task.  Now that it's all done and I wore a new outfit I bought last night, something clicked into my head and made me feel like a million dollars.  That's always a really nice feeling.  

I hope everyone gets to experience that once in their life.  

Even though being able to look nice with all new, material things (or weight or height or whatever it is you have or don't have) shouldn't define your happiness, sometimes it doesn't hurt.  I don't mean to sound conceited or snotty, I really don't, it's just a good night for me when things I try to do go the right way.

No comments:

Post a Comment