Saturday, December 28, 2013

2014 Goals

Last year I made a list of goals for myself that I kind of, sort of followed...  This year, I'm hoping that I can at least kind of follow my goals again, but hopefully be a little more realistic this year.

I realized when I was writing my Recap of 2013 post that I had given myself a TON of things to try to follow all at once, and maybe that's how it ended up failing.  I had set twelve goals for myself, which just seems insane to me.  This years list more like five items long, and will hopefully keep me on track without feeling overwhelmed.  Here's my own list for 2014, let me know if you've made and goals or have any suggestions on how to follow my own!
Goal 1: Keep a blog schedule.  I've tried to do this before (like last year with the Random Acts of Kindness posts) and had it fail slowly but surely.  I bought this calendar and literally went through the entire 12 months and filled in blog post plans.  It took a whole sleepless night, but that happened.  Now I have to stick with it.

Goal 2: Stop eating like crap all the time.  Seriously. Put down the cookies.

Goal 3: Start jogging again.  I used to go jogging every other day when I was living with my parents and I honestly felt a lot better during that time.  I stopped because I got really sick for a couple weeks and I physically couldn't bring myself to go out like that, then I never got back in.  I'm hoping once the weather warms up a little bit I can go out again and start.

Goal 4: Budget.  No, really. Stop laughing.

Goal 5: Read more.  I said this would be on the list.  I feel like I never read enough and now I have a huge list of books I want to read and hopefully finish by the end of next year.

If you know of any good budgeting apps or motivation to work out and stay positive, please let me know!  I'm really hoping to start on these goals sooner rather than later so I can just make them second nature habits as opposed to daunting tasks.

No comments:

Post a Comment