Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Favorites

If you've ever bothered to ask me about the subject, you would know that I've always sort of hated the idea of choosing favorites.  I think everything deserves an equal chance, but I have come to realize in the last couple years that sometimes, some things are awesome, amazing, I can't live without it good.  Other things just suck.  All of this is beauty related (I know, surprise!) but there's only four things for now.

#1 - Dove Cream Oil lotion.
Honestly, I cannot say enough good things about this.  I have eczema, so after trying a billion and a half lotions and creams and the like, this is the one I will buy over and over again.  If they ever stop production of this, I will set myself on fire.  Okay, I won't be that dramatic, but I'll be really upset.  Winter skin can suck it. Eczema, forget it.  AND! It smells good and isn't greasy. Ah-may-zing.

#2 - This one is actually a two for one deal.  Thank you to my friend, Kaeley, who introduced me to , not only the products themselves, but the use of them together.  I'm not very gentle with my hands. Ever.  I also hate painting my nails Sunday night and having them chip (badly, I might add) by Monday night.  Color Club's Stuck On You (used as the base coat) and Riummel's Lasting Finish Pro Top Coat have introduced me to the world of having nearly perfect nail polish for at least three or four days at a time, which was beyond my comprehension before discovering these little babies.  Although they're a little more expensive than polishes I normally go for, I definitely recommend it. They pay for themselves ten-fold with the amount of other nail polishes you'll be saving instead of repainting over and over again to keep your nails looking good.

#3 - This and #4 were both purchased because my older sister and her fiance gave me an Ulta gift card for my birthday.  I've been slightly obsessed with lip stains lately because they aren't sticky or drying and they don't come off for hours (even if they're cheap).  This one was kind of a tester for me because I've always used wine or red colors before and I'm usually not a big fan of pinks on my face.  I love this one, and it's the only one I've been using since I got it.  It's just dark enough to add color but not so dark that I look pastey white (which happens often).  If you're pale and not into reapplying lip color every hour or so, definitely look for this lip stain.  It comes in other colors, too, which you can see here.

#4 - Since I am a pale girl, my paper white face could use some color during the not-so-sunny months of winter.  Enter, Nyx Matte Bronzer in Light.  This is the first bronzer that is A) Matte, B) Easily blended because it's SO soft, and C) Light enough that I don't look like I rubbed dirt on my face.  Despite my love of glitter and all things shiny, I HATE shimmer bronzers. HATE THEM.  So this was a nice (and inexpensive) find!  These are also on the Ulta website, and come in Light, Medium, and Dark.

Let me know if you like this sort of posts so I can either start thinking of more favorites or completely scrap the idea! Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment