Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Moving Stress

(DISCLAIMER: This is a very wordy post.  I apologize in advance.)

I'll be honest with you, I've moved a few times in my life.  Four times, really: once before I was old enough to walk, again when I was in fourth grade, then again when I was a senior in high school.  To some, it may not seem like much, but some people have been in the same house since they were born, and let me tell you, in a way, I envy the latter.

I'm only envious, though, of the fact that they haven't had the task of packing up all of the things they own into several cardboard boxes and then having to lug all of those boxes from one place into a car/van, then have to pick them up again and maneuver them awkwardly into a new space, then have to try to reassemble everything all over again.

I'm excited to move, trust me, I really am.  I've been looking forward to it for months, and now that the end is near, I am absolutely jumping out of my skin to just do it.  However, I forgot in the last four years how much work it is.  It's even more work, now, than it was then, because I need a new car and a new job and all sorts of new things.

First off, my issue was buying a new bed.  I have a bed currently, but the springs like to stick into my back.  Over all, the thing is just older than any that should be in use.  Luckily, Kaeley is the best and managed to swing getting a new mattress and box spring for herself, so I'm taking her old, very lightly used one (that saved me just about $250).

Next in line for the issues on my mind are the car and the job.  I've started applying to places online (Michael's, Ulta, etc.) but haven't heard back from any of them (if you get a call asking about me, please be nice!) and have been told they will call me when I call them.  So, that isn't looking very great yet.  Cars, on the other hand, I have found several that I really like that would be great, buuut, I don't have enough money.  Money is always an issue and cars are wicked expensive.  Hopefully, though, in the next two or three weeks, things will work out if I can keep myself from buying, literally, anything besides gas.  Once the car issue is settled, I feel like everything else is going to fall into place soon after.

My hopes are that I can start selling things on my Etsy (shameless self promotion) soon so that I can have a little extra money, especially since I plan to go see my sister in Oklahoma in April right before/after I move.  I really need to start working on things for my shop, and hopefully I'll have time and an idea soon... We'll see I guess...  I'm normally a high stress kind of person, so things like this really take their toll on me.  Any suggestions or help is welcomed and greatly appreciated!

Also, I'm sick of this snow!  Winter is over now, make the snow stop!

No comments:

Post a Comment