Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Just the Beginning..

Now, since I've already posted my goals for 2014, I was thinking of ways that I could try to keep them through the year and keep my motivation up.

Goal 1 is to keep a blog schedule.  So far, I've been able to block out certain days for certain blog posts for the entire year, which I listed in this post. Hopefully, I can keep up the motivation because I've made my life pretty easy by writing out a schedule so that there's almost no reason not to stick with it.

Goal 2 is to stop eating like crap all the time.  As someone who loves baking and has hopes of owning a bakery some day, this one seems to be a bit harder for me.  I have a motivation board on Pinterest that I've been neglecting for...months.  I've somehow lost seven pounds since Christmas, which surprised me, but maybe whatever I've been doing will help keep it on track.

Goal 3 is to start jogging again.  I've been trying to make myself go out for a walk, even just a short one, daily for the last week.  When it starts getting a little warmer out, I think it will actually be pretty nice to start jogging again because the wind in Oklahoma kills any motivation to run when it's cold.  The base has running trails all over the place, so it won't be hard to find ways to keep it interesting by finding new paths.

Goal 4: Budget.  Now, this year is going to be a trying time for my finances, just like last year was.  I can't start budgeting too early because I honestly don't know what kind of job I'm going to have in the next few weeks, what kind of car payment I'll end up with in the next few months, or where I'll be living by the summer.  I'm just hoping I can find a way to save a little more than I spend for once and maybe make it out of the year with more than $13 to spare.

Goal 5 is probably going to be the easiest for me because of a prior post (which can be found here).  This is the list of books I want to read before the end of 2014.  There are 13 books on this list, and I'm currently finishing up a David Sedaris book (Let's Discuss Diabetes with Owls) right now.  When I finish my current book, I have Paper Towns by John Green on standby that I got from my sister for Christmas.  I'm so excited to start reading all of these books, and I will probably end up buying most of them on Amazon in the next wee or so, so that I have no excuses not to read them later on when I finish others.

If you have any suggestions on keeping goals through the year, let me know, and leave a comment with your goals for the year, if you have any!  Happy New Year!

No comments:

Post a Comment